Mobile App Development
There’s no question that a strategically conceived mobile application can reap massive rewards when it comes to building relationships with your customers, but with 73% of users expecting a mobile app to be easier to use than a mobile website, it’s important that it’s up to scratch – that’s where we can help you.
Is a mobile app right for my company?
This is a question we’ll help you with. It’s important to us that you get the right business application for your needs, objectives and budget – we’d never build you a mobile app if we felt you could achieve the same app-style capability, for less money, on a mobile-friendly website.
That’s why, before we even start to think about the build, we talk to you about what you’re trying to achieve, and then work back to be absolutely sure that a mobile app is more suitable than say, a web app or desktop app.
Generally speaking, the benefits of a native mobile app (a mobile app that ‘lives’ on the mobile device and is accessed via the icons on the device’s home-screen) over a mobile-friendly website or web app are:
- Interactivity – native apps can be built to interact with all the features that the phone offers like accelerometer, the camera and GPS.
- Fewer limitations – they aren’t limited by a browser and can be used offline.
- Better user experience – smartphone apps function quicker and more smoothly than mobile browsers or desktop computers.
- Stickiness – when using a mobile app, visitors tend to spend 3-4 times longer online than they would using a mobile site.
- Wider reach – your app will reside on the AppStore, Google Play and/or Windows Marketplace, so you’ll automatically be getting your app in front of people whose intent is to download an app.
- There are, of course, downsides to using a mobile app, such as the user having to download it before they can use it and potentially more complicated maintenance issues, but we’ll talk these over with you.
Sometimes the question isn’t whether a mobile app is better than a web app, or vice versa, therefore we also offer the option of a hybrid app which contains a mixture of both mobile and web app functionality.