Legacy Software Modernisation
Fed up with spending money on a slow legacy IT system that doesn’t perform? We’ll build you a powerful replacement that helps, not hinders your business.
Why it’s time to update your legacy applications
ou probably don’t need us to tell you that legacy systems were designed to work without interacting or exchanging information with other systems. Before the early 2000s, that wasn’t necessarily a problem, but with modern technology moving at break-neck speed, it’s now a major disadvantage.
Legacy software modernisation is your first step towards business agility. You’ll be able to respond quickly to market changes, easily produce meaningful reports, have fewer costs and happier staff – think of all the frustrating, time-consuming manual workarounds that will disappear and help them deliver better customer service in less time. Win, win.
Your updated system will also enable you to be a part of recent innovations that are providing significant business value, such as cloud computing, social media, big data and mobile technology.
How we can help you
We know that it’s a big decision to replace your legacy software, and one that you absolutely need to get right for the future of your business.
With DCSL you’re in safe hands. As a first step, we’ll spend time with you and your staff to understand your business, what your current system prevents you from doing, and what your new system needs to be able to deliver. This is crucial as the process of modernising your technology is unique to your individual company.
We can then either:
- bring across certain functionality – for example, proprietary business processes or formulas – on to a new system that’s able to interface effectively with newer technologies
- build you a completely new system with the option to “switch off” the old legacy system at the end of the process
Whichever option you choose, we’ll use the very latest, powerful technologies to build a blueprint for a system that drives efficiencies by:
- controlling the input of data
- streamlining how the data flows through the workflow stages
- ensuring that your team completes tasks effectively
- warning you when something appears abnormal
- guiding the user through each task so nothing falls through cracks, is misinterpreted or incorrectly entered
- The outcome will be informed management, productive users and happy customers.